Operations and Finance Manager
The Nature Conservancy
Grado profesional requerido: Bachelor
Contador Público y Auditor -
Ingeniero(a) en Finanzas
Administración y finanzas -
Medio Ambiente -
Región Metropolitana -
Estatus: Recepción y Revisión Curricular
Jornada: Full Time
Postulaciones: 18/03/2020 - 18/04/2020
Inicio del trabajo: 01/05/2020
The Ops and Finance manager will be responsible for functions such as Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Information Systems, Office Management, and/or Volunteer Programs, for Southern Andes program.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years managing operations functions;
- Finance / Accounting experience;
- Fluent in Spanish and English;
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
- Experience generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent;
- Experience negotiating agreements;
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers; and
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information;
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead as needed; exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems;
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved;
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, GAAP, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance. Decisions may bind the organization financially or legally;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports and analysis to board members and project managers;
- Develop and monitor budget, forecast, sustainability, and strategic financial plans;
- Perform general accounting duties (may include managing external accounting vendor), to include: basic journal entries for transfers, loans, land transactions, accruals, deferred revenue and expense corrections;
- Review and monitor Income Statement and balance sheet (including pledges) items at month and year-end close;
- Provide financial expertise on land deals or other special projects;
- Ensure revenue, expenses and net assets are managed to reflect donor intent, including working with cross-functional teams to perform revenue allocation;
- Manage privately funded awards;
- Collaborate with Grants Specialists on managing public awards;
- Oversee day-to-day financial activities such as purchasing, processing invoices, negotiating, and contracting with vendors;
- Ensure contracted vendors carry required insurance coverage and that appropriate documentation is obtained and maintained;
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally-charged information;
- Manage and implement multiple projects, including setting deadlines and ensuring accountability;
- Travel occasionally, working long and flexible hours as needed;
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff, responsibility includes training and professional development;
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain; and
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Manage or oversee activities related to in-country legal, labor and financial compliance.
- Manage and oversee TNC local bank accounts. Manage keys/passwords and approve transactions, oversee bank reconciliations and ensure they’re completed timely and accurately.
- Liaise and coordinate with WO treasury on funds transfers in accordance with the Financial Management Handbook and WO Treasury requirements.
- Manage, report and monitor foreign exchange impacts
- Manage and oversee local payroll processes, including Insight uploads.
- Manage and oversee local accounting vendor.
- Manage and oversee relationships with other vendors and service providers as needed.
- Manage and/or oversee invoice processing.
- Manage and/or oversee local accounts receivables in partnership with the Development/Conservation Departments
- Liaise with WO HR Global Benefits team as necessary on locally-provided employee benefits.
- Manage all Operations aspects of entry into new countries in the region, and exit from countries where TNC is ceasing operations.